This section presents job openings in the various diocesan departments, religious organizations and institutions, and Christian communities in the Montreal area.
Loyola High School Principal
Loyola High School of Montreal is an independent English Jesuit Catholic high school thatchallenges young men, within a holistic educational environment, offering them a universitypreparatory program. Loyola is committed to a comprehensive educational experience ofacademic excellence, spiritual and religious formation, as well as co/extra-curricularinvolvement. Loyola forms students who live meaningful lives, acquire critical knowledge, agreater understanding of themselves and God and an awareness of their responsibilities in aglobal society.
Qualifications and Requirements
The ideal candidate:
• Is a person of solid, well-balanced faith, highly competent, alive with hope andcompassion, and actively involved in the life of the church;
• Is committed to learning and promoting Jesuit pedagogy and will be attentive to themission of Jesuit education today;
• Has 5 years experience in school administration;
• Will engage joyfully and respectfully with all constituents while developing a deep,meaningful academic experience;
• Is a pedagogical and relational leader with a thorough knowledge of secondarycurriculum as well as a solid research background;
• Has experience with collaborative learning and/or blended learning models;
• Possesses excellent oral and written presentation skills that inspire confidence withinternal and external audiences;
• Holds an M.Ed. in Educational Leadership (or equivalent);
• Holds a Quebec Teaching License (or is eligible to obtain one);
Fluency in French is desired.
The successful candidate will report to the President of the high school. The deadline for submitting applications is 5:00 PM, December 15th, 2016. Applicants are requested to submit their curriculum vitae and covering letter to the Search Committee c/o Don Taddeo, Assistant to the President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the school can be found at Loyola.ca
Executive Director of the Newman Centre of McGill University
The Newman Association of Montreal invites applications for the position of Executive Director of the Newman Centre of McGill University. As the hub of Roman Catholic spiritual and intellectual life at McGill, the Newman Centre is a vibrant and international community of students and scholars. This three-year mandate begins in summer 2017 and ends in summer 2020 (renewable).
The Director serves as the administrative head of the Newman Centre and volunteers as the Catholic representative at the McGill Office for Religious and Spiritual Life. The Director’s main responsibilities include oversight of the pastoral, social, and educational dimensions of the Centre, as well as communications and community relations.
The ideal candidate will possess an academic and pastoral profile which includes these characteristics:
- a deep and living commitment to the Catholic faith;
- a graduate degree in Catholic theology/philosophy or related area (PhD preferred, either ABD or recently completed);
- proven achievements in engaging university students, staff and faculty (teaching experience an asset);
- a collaborative approach suited to working with others in a small organization that has significant relations with major religious and community institutions and with academic partners, such as McGill University and The Newman Institute of Catholic Studies;
- enjoys the challenges of development and fundraising (experience in these areas an asset);
- is able to direct the effective use of social media for advertising and website content management.
The review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For information on the mission and activities of the Newman Centre, feel free to peruse this website.
Applicants must supply a CV and cover letter, plus two letters of reference (including one from a Catholic priest, if possible).
Kindly submit your application package by email to Mrs. Linda Diez, Secretary: email@example.com. Please address your application to:
Professor Daniel Cere, Interim President
Newman Association of Montreal Inc.
3484 Peel, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3T6
Assistant to the executive director of the Canadian Religious Conference
Schedule and coordinate ED appointments and travel arrangements
Plan, assist and record Board meetings minutes, as well as other committee meetings
Prepare agendas and participant’s schedules for meetings
Draft and edit minutes of meetings
Handle all clerical duties relevant to planning of General Assembly
Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
Other duties as specified by the Executive Director
General office duties
Handle all reception related work (telephone, email and regular mail)
General clerical duties
Updating the database (Access)
Education and Key Competencies
Experience in assisting an Executive Director
Computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
Excellent communication skills - written and verbal in both French and English
Excellent multi-tasker Attention to detail and accuracy Teamwork
Interested parties should please send a CV, cover letter and the names of two references before Monday, November 14, 2016, 5 p.m. to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted. All candidates welcome. The CRC encourages applications from women, First nations, visible minorities as well as individuals with physical disabilities.